Book a room
National Vegetarian Week will begin on the 14th of May through to the 20th of May 2018 and it’s all about eating delicious and exciting vegetarian food. With this in mind, we’ve decided to share one of our most popular veggie recipes that you can easily recreate at home, our pea, broad bean and ricotta risotto, shaved Parmesan, radish and pea shoot salad.
Recipe serves 4 people
- Arborio risotto rice
- ½ medium onion peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml white wine
- 500ml vegetable stock or water
- 80g unsalted butter
- 60g grated Parmesan cheese
- 120g garden peas
- 120g broad beans
- 20g pea shoots
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 80g ricotta cheese
- 12g shaved Parmesan
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 5g olive oil
- In a pan add a a dash of vegetable oil and sweat the chopped onion for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice, stir well and then add the white wine and reduce completely.
- Add a ladle of the stock or water and stir till it reduces and then repeat the process till all the stock has been added and the rice is cooked but still with a little bite to it.
- Add the peas, broad beans and butter and continue to stir gently. You might need to add a little more stock to get the correct consistency as you do not want it too thick.
- Add the grated Parmesan and season with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, place the risotto in 4 warm bowls, spooning 3 pieces of ricotta around each bowl.
- Mix the pea shoots and radish together and dress with the lemon juice, olive oil and a little black pepper and place on top of each risotto.
- Finally take a piece of Parmesan cheese and with a vegetable peeler shave thin slices and arrange over and around each bowl.