Book a room
Here’s how you can spruce up your seasonal summer berries and turn them into something sweet & delicious.
This recipe is the perfect lighter dessert option, ideal for those summer evenings when you don’t want an over indulgent pudding, but you’re still after something sweet.
• Juice of 3 limes
• 150ml white wine
• 3 tbsp crème de cassis
• 60g icing sugar
• 20 black berries
• 20 raspberries
• 12 strawberries cut in half
• 40 blueberries
• 16 edible flowers
• 8 mint leaves
• 4 scoops of sorbet optional but recommended (we think elderflower flavour works best)
- To make the marinade first juice the limes, avoiding adding any seeds to the mixture where possible.
- Next, whisk into the lime juice the white wine, crème de cassis and the icing sugar.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve to ensure the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Evenly divide the berries between 4 chilled bowls before pouring the combined mixture over the berries.
- Finely slice the mint and sprinkle over the berries for a fresh kick and arrange the edible flowers as you please.
- Finally, we like to finish the dish with a scoop of homemade elderflower sorbet.