Book a room
Crème brulee can often be overlooked when it comes to homemade desserts because of it’s perceived complexity, but our white chocolate and blood orange crème brulee recipe is so deliciously indulgent that we simply couldn’t not share. We asked our Head Chef to simplify the recipe, so that you too can achieve this game changing dessert for yourself at home. Consider you’re next dinner party dessert a winner!
• 280ml double cream
• 60g white chocolate
• 60g egg yolks
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• 150ml blood orange juice
• 200g white chocolate shavings
• 4 raspberries
• 2 strawberries cut in half
• 4 blueberries
• 4 blackberries
- Gently warm the cream and chocolate in a pan on a low - medium heat, leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl until combined before whisking in the cream and chocolate combination.
- Pour the blood orange juice into a pan and slowly reduce by 2/3rds then add to the mix.
- Pour the mix into 4 serving dishes and place in deep tray. Fill the tray with water till half way up the dish.
- Cook in the oven at 120°c for approx. 30 mins.
- Remove from the tray and allow to chill.
- Optional - to serve lightly sprinkle with demerara sugar and glaze with a blow torch.
- Finish with the berries and shaved white chocolate before indulging in this delicious treat!